Most homeowners don’t think too much about the components of a refrigerator unless it shuts down, or unless it comes time to buy a new model. To ensure you get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be very good to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps your food cool—and Able Reading Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out what you might need to know concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the time to reach out to refrigerator repair Reading.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard appliance for many years now. A refrigerator stores food at the best temperature, to reduce spoilage and stop bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the heat from the inside of the unit to the exterior, by using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Able Reading Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a motor and pump, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should call a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is located on the back outside panel of the appliance and is there to disperse the heat absorbed from inside the refrigerator then out in the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is stored on the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs the warmth held inside of it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to hire a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transported within a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming it into a liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature throughout the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling cycle when it is required.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Reading for repair the moment a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature within a refrigerator rises above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and the cooling period begins. The unit draws in the cool liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The compressor unit guides the hot gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the room and returns to a liquid state.
3. The cooled liquified gas continues on its journey to the evaporator, finding its way through the many coils within the appliance and freezer compartment.
4. The liquid absorbs the hot air from the interior of the refrigerator, cooling the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The refrigerant will evaporate, and will return back into a gas state, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in quite a few applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from a single area and then moving it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling your home, creates a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule repair with Able Reading Appliance Repair.
Able Reading Appliance Repair can service most major brands and models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed service technicians in Reading are trained to repair problems with cooling, ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, touch panels, smart controls and various problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Able Reading Appliance Repair | 114 S 6th St #4 Reading, PA 19602 | Sitemap